1. Salt lamps are known to be hygroscopic, meaning they absorb moisture from the air. It is recommended that these lamps not be used in humid or moist quarters, for example shower rooms, bathrooms or humid outdoor patios.
2. If you live in a humid climate, please be aware that your lamp may absorb moisture and drip. Make sure the salt body is dry before turning on. If your lamp is slightly damp, wipe with a paper towel before use.
3. If you notice that your lamp is “sweating” while turned on, wipe it down with a paper towel and place a dry rag or cloth evenly underneath the base. DO NOT use a saucer, plate or any hard surface to catch the water. Puddles of water forming under or around the lamp base can increase the risk of fire or shock.
4. To clean and remove dust, wipe lamp gently with a slightly dampened towel or sponge. Dry with paper towel and allow the salt time to dry before turning back on.
5. If you plan on leaving your lamp off for weeks at a time, it is recommended that you store within a seal plastic bag or container to prevent the build up of moisture within the salt.
Salt is hygroscopic meaning it attracts moisture from the air. If there is a high level of humidity, the lamp will be moist or wet to the touch. There may even be a small pool of water or salt residue forming at the base. The best way to prevent salt sweat is to use the lamp in areas that are not as humid or damp. Many also find that keeping the lamp at full brightness or using a higher watt bulb (up to a 40 watt, candelabra type bulb) to increase the temperature of the salt when in use. This heats the lamp and may assist in evaporating the moisture.
Using a damp cloth, while the lamp is turned off, wipe the salt down and then dry it off before turning the lamp back on. If there is some salt residue around the base of the salt use a damp cloth to wipe of the base and the surrounding area as often as needed.
Himalayan salt lamps will last for a very long time. However, there are certain activities that will reduce their life expectancy. These activities include submersion in water or excessive exposure to moisture. Please avoid this behavior to prolong the life of your salt lamp.
Even though your salt lamp can be used all throughout the year if you decide to put your lamp aside for a while simply follow these steps: first remove the light source from the base of your lamp and wrap it up to protect the bulb and switch, then place your salt in a plastic bag and seal to prevent it from absorbing moisture during storage.
READ BEFORE USE. ALL MINERAL LAMP PRODUCTS SHOULD BE USED AS DESCRIBED IN PRODUCT MANUAL
DANGER: To reduce the risk of electric shock, remove/unplug the power cord from the outlet before cleaning, adding/replacing light bulbs or moving to a new location.
WARNING: DO NOT USE NEAR WATER: To reduce the risk of fire or shock, do not keep the lamp near water of any sort or expose to rain or moisture. DO NOT attempt to dry lamp using a microwave oven or hair dryer.
FOR INDOOR USE ONLY
DO NOT EAT: This salt lamp is not edible, keep away from children and pets.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN: DO NOT allow children or pets to play or chew on cables or cords.
DO NOT allow cord or dimmer switch to be stepped on. Lamp and cords should be arranged neatly and away from common walking paths.
KEEP away from direct sunlight
KEEP cord clear from hot surfaces.
DO NOT add or insert any foreign items into opening of lamp.
DO NOT jerk, pinch or sharply bend electrical cord, especially while connected to power outlet.
Unplug your lamp during lightning storms or extended periods of non-use. If power cord sustains any damage, stop use immediately. If water damage has occurred, contact Mineralamp regarding replacement parts.
There are varying grade levels of Himalayan Salt. Edible Himalayan salt is food grade level and will be CLEARLY marked on its packaging. The Himalayan salt used in the production of Mineralamp salt lamps is not edible. Please DO NOT consume the salt from Mineralamp Salt Lamps.
You may have seen a news story about a recall on Himalayan salt lamps sold by Michael’s Stores. Mineralamp Salt Lamps are not affected by this recall in any way. All Mineralamp salt lamps are furnished with a dimmer switch and cord that are ETL Listed. This means that these electrical components in Mineralamp Salt Lamps are tested by an independent third-party lab and certified to conform to UL standard 962 and CSA standard C22.2 No. 12. The marking for this certification is molded into the lamp base and dimmer of every Mineralamp Salt Lamp. Your safety is our top priority. Look for certifications on all of your lighting products.